When we have trouble managing our anger and frustration, it can become destructive in many areas of our life. It can impact us at work, home, and in our close relationships, as well as affect our overall sense of well-being. Some important signs that it’s time to consider anger management counseling are:
- Feeling like you constantly have to “hold in” or repress your angry feelings
- Frequent arguing with your family, friends, co-workers or acquaintances
- Physical violence, such as hitting, loud shouting, door slamming, etc.
- Reckless driving or road rage
- Threats of violence against people or property
Anger management counseling isn’t about having you repress normal feelings of anger, but to show you how to express anger in a healthy, constructive way that allows you to feel like you are still in control. If you or someone you know struggles with anger issues, help from one of our anger management counselors can go a long way in helping you improve the quality of your life.